Monday, January 28, 2008

Random Thought - 2/12/2003

Random Thought of the Moment:

So I was sleeping in bed, and I awoke for some strange reason. Now, halfway in my sleep, I kind of had to go to the bathroom, but not like an emergency or anything. I'm also really tired and I don't want to get up. Yet, I can't go back to sleep because I feel uncomfortable putting myself in a vulnerable peeing position. I mean what if I unconsciously forget about the minor problem of my bladder because I shut that part of my brain off to go back to sleep? So, debating on what to do, I always get up around 30 minutes later going to the bathroom. But then when I return to my bed, I no longer am that tired anymore, so I spend around 30 MORE minutes going back to sleep, equating to an hour of sleep wasted. All because I got up halfway through my sleep due to something as insignificant as an earthquake or some sound making event. Weighing the costs of sleep and the risk of unknowingly leaking in bed are very hard to determine, especially since my record of a bed wetting has been clear for the past 15 years or so. But the FEAR of the risk is just too much for me to handle in the end. Yet my WANT of sleep is also very compelling. TWO conflicting FORCES that delay the inevitable.

No comments: